18.6.12

Sespe and Backyard Birds





Went all the way out to the Sespe Wilderness in the Los Padres National Forest to check out the Condor Observation site hoping to find some of those massive iconic birds. I got there in the heat of mid-day and during bird siesta so I didn't find any condors or much else. I'm not exactly sure if it's still a good spot to see the birds, I think other parts of the range have better viewing opportunities. However, it was still nice to feel that sense of being in the wilderness with nothing but mountains and open space surrounding me with hardly a soul in sight. I will be returning to the Sespe soon to further explore this closest of Wilderness areas and home to the largest bird in North America.

I returned home to find all sorts of creatures right here in my own backyard once again.